Well hard as it is to believe a couple of traditions died... no trip to the bar, no spoons (no loss here) but a couple were born -- thanks to Jess and Luke we experienced a great time on Verdigre Creek -- beautiful spot, nice water, cold beer, good conversation, dogs had fun (until one had to go to timeout.) The other, a much more cerebral Catch Phrase, replaced spoons (good riddance.) Catch Phrase, while intellectually exhausting, did disclose some deep seated racial biases. But you will be able to read about that when the story about the law suit hits the Niobrara paper.
The news flash is that we missed one of the bird houses BJ and Marilyn made as memorials to Jerry. BJ wasn't quite sure where the park Superintendent moved it. Another reason to go back next year. Also, I did talk to the Super about getting a memorial bench for Mom, Dad and Jerry. It looks like it's a go. Hopefully we'll use the blog for updates.
Dates for next year have been selected thanks to Jane and Jeff -- the almost total reliance on the J's is remarkable, and at the same time a little sad. What do you non-Js have to say? You will be able to read about the dates when J makes his/her first post. I think, I hope, I have invited 18 to make posts. If I missed someone, contact the Francis Family Ombudsman.
Thanks for coming, make plans for next year.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel really good about catch phrase replacing spoons. I never won, and ann continued to win. Both these outcomes got reall old. And I, EXCEL at catch phrase. I can't wait to reclaim a little integrity. I am so sad I missed another year, I hope so much that I can come next year. I am here on another farm, taking care of the four pups our family has accumulated. I can't wait for Leia and Ben and Dobie to all be in the same place. My Star Wars/Dog obsessed mind is going to EXPLODE. I love and miss you all, may the force be with you,
ReplyDeletelove kris
p.s. joe, many congratulations for being so high tech and having something called a blog. It makes me have a vision of you as a pimply 16 year old with a big bag of cheetos by the mouse, and you only blog when you take a break from warcraft.
K, it's actually you that not only should impress, but inspire the Francis clan. Best I can tell, they still don't know that in blogging, you don't comment as a new blog entry, but you post a comment as you did. I tire so of these people. That said, I started a second blog because evidently I locked myself out of the first one....
ReplyDelete